Employer Name: Zig Zag Group Limited
Working Week: Tues-Sat 39 hrs
Duration: 24 Months
Possible Start Date: 04/05/2019
ZigZag Hair Studios are looking to recruit an apprentice for one of their salons based in Central Milton Keynes, Kingston, Westcroft, Towcester and Newport Pagnell where they offer a full range of hair & barbering services for men, women & children.
Duties will include:
- Assisting staff within the salon
- Helping to maintain the appearance of the salon
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Drying and styling
- Covering reception and booking appointments
- Recommending products and services to clients
- Attending salon and college training to learn all the skills and gain qualifications required to become a fantastic Hairdresser
- Desirable - GCSEs grade C/4 or above in English and Mathematics (or equivalent qualifications).
- Predicted grades are acceptable.
- Passion to become a hairdresser
- Ability to use own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Hairdressing Professional Apprenticeship Standard
- You will be trained and supported by both your employer and college to demonstrate professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills and safe working practices associated with your role
- Required college attendance (Bletchley Campus)
- Regular visits into the workplace for assessments and observations
- Functional skills in both Maths and English, if required
- End point assessment
For more information or to apply, please click the link.