Employer Name: One Salon Hairdressing
Working Week: 40 hours per week, shifts TBC
Duration: 24 Months
Possible Start Date: 04/05/2019
One Salon are looking to recruit for a Hairdressing Apprentice to support the salon team in a busy and welcoming establishment. To learn all aspects of the hairdressing trade and gain knowledge of hair products to help clients care for their hair.
You will be employed as a Hairdressing Apprentice, assisting senior staff in all areas of the profession, whilst training and gaining job specific skills in the industry.
Main responsibilities to include:
- Meeting and greeting clients.
- Making refreshments.
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy at all times.
- Assisting senior stylists.
- Shampooing and conditioning clients' hair.
- Ensuring Health & Safety is adhered to at all times.
- Reception, making and receiving calls.
- Stock checks.
- Desirable - Grade C/4 or above in both Maths and English.
- Predicted grades acceptable
- Desire to become a qualified stylist.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Be able to communicate effectively, face-to-face and on the phone.
- To be punctual, professional, and approachable at all times.
- To have good practical, organisation, and social skills.
- Able to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Good attention to detail.
- Level 2 Hairdressing Professional Standard.
- College attendance (Bletchley Campus).
- Observations and assessments in the workplace to demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills along with safe working practices.
- Ongoing training and support from the employer.
- End point assessment.
- Functional Skills in both Maths and English (if required).
For more information or to apply, please click the link.