Engineering Toolmaker Apprentice
Employer Name: Wipac Limited
Working Week: 8am to 5pm Mon-Thurs, 8am to 1pm Fri
Duration: 48 Months
Possible Start Date: 04/02/2019
Wipac are looking to recruit an Engineering Toolmaker apprentice to provide support in the tooling activities within the company for the production of Specialist Lighting. If you enjoy working in a hands on role, apply today.
Wipac Ltd are a successful Tier 1 automotive supplier, designing and manufacturing high technology LED exterior lighting for a range of premium OEM’s such as Aston Martin, Bentley, McLaren, Rolls Royce and Lamborghini. The role is based at our modern design and manufacturing facility in Buckingham, UK.
- Provide support in the tooling activities within Wipac for the production of Specialist Lighting.
- Tooling strip down and diagnosis for repair.
- Tooling improvements.
- Support the production areas in technical assessment of tooling issues.
- Preventive maintenance of tooling
- Complete tool reports and ordering of spare parts.
- Maintenance data control of moulds.
- Polishing of A surface moulds to quality acceptable levels.
- Cleaning of tool faces to a quality finish within the moulding machine.
- Preventive maintenance of the shop’s machinery.
- Implement modifications to moulds if applicable.
- Fabrication of fixtures and spare parts for tooling.
- Liaise with external tool shops.
- Maintain Spare parts system
- Maintain tooling standards and enhancements.
- Interface with New production tooling manager on new tooling.
- Comply with the quality and environment standards procedures and instructions.
- Involvement in all activities generated as a result of changes, requirements and/or improvement in the process of the applicable area
Please apply via the link.