Education Support Worker (Bank Staff)
Various per week.
Come and work at Blackpool & the Fylde College where you can enjoy a generous benefits package:
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Free courses*
- Competitive pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sports facilities, including a fully-equipped Gym (Bispham Campus)
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast- (dependant on campus)
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks - dependant on campus
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices, including Level 6 restaurant (Bispham Campus)
- Access to discounted on-site facilities including: Hair and beauty treatments, Bakery, Office and printing services.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Working as part of a cross-College team of people supporting students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities to achieve autonomy and a positive self image grounded in being able to operate as independently as possible, contribute to their environment and achieve success on their courses.
- Negotiate attainable targets and timescales with students which relate to their personal progression at College and regularly review and record progress towards these.
- Work with tutors to enable them to develop coherent, cohesive strategies for the management of the student’s whole development whilst on a course.
- Work in the workroom, laboratory, workshop/studio, library or other spaces as required, including around the campus, with students on such activities as (this list is not exhaustive):
- note taking or scribing (as required)
- student directed writing
- acting on communication support with teachers and others
- assisting with manual tasks
- reading aloud
- text checking
- working with assistive technology
- supporting in examinations including invigilation where appropriate
4. Support students in out-of-class activities such as (this list is not exhaustive):
- Mobility and the use of Hoists (training will be provided)
- obtaining food & drinks
- employability skills, for example timekeeping, handling money
- personal development skills
- the development of appropriate communication skills (sometimes interpreting)
- provide assistance to enable students to feed themselves
- provide assistance to enable students to access toilet facilities
5. To maintain accurate records of support under the direction of Coordinators, Specialists and Managers.
Duties of all employees:
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers
- To work co-operatively with colleagues
- To show commitment to College policies on Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Interview Date: 25th January 2019.
Please apply via the link.