Teacher / Lecturer in Counselling
8 hours per week.
If you are passionate about counselling and have a passion for training effective and committed counsellors for the clients of tomorrow, this job is perfect for you. We have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer in Counselling to join our dedicated and enthusiastic Care and Early Years department.
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Counselling, you will teach Counselling up to and including Diploma Level 4 and will also teach the Counselling module on an Access to H.E course as required. You will contribute to the provision of an excellent learner experience to students on those courses, including retention of the students and the achievement of their qualifications.
As a Lecturer in Counselling, you should:
- Hold a Level 4 Diploma in Counselling (Qualified Counsellor status)
- Hold BACP Membership
- Hold GCSE A*- C in English and Maths or equivalent (9-4)
- Have experience of teaching or training
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the principles of teaching, learning and assessment
- The ability to plan, deliver, assess and evaluate teaching and learning activities effectively
- A track record of good success rates in teaching and learning
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Tuesday 15 January 2019.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.