Group Head of Public Affairs
This is an exciting role, requiring a highly-experienced public affairs professional to join on a permanent, full time (37 hours per week) basis, who thrives on delivering key projects through successful collaboration with senior stakeholders.
The role reports directly to the Group Marketing and External Relations Director, and will work closely with senior colleagues across the LTE Group.
This is a key appointment for our group, and needs a senior public affairs professional expected to hit the ground running, quickly gaining the confidence of executive and senior leadership colleagues, and work collaboratively across our group and with multiple external stakeholders to deliver on a range of key projects.
You must have significant public affairs experience gained in large and complex multi-site organisations, preferably in Greater Manchester/North West, and be confident building relationships at all levels, with the project skills and resilience to deliver.
Who we are
LTE group is the first integrated education and skills group of its kind and the largest social enterprise in the country dedicated to learning, training and employment. With around 4,500 colleagues and more than 100,000 students and learners, the Group reflects the combined strengths and services of our five leading organisations:
The Manchester College - further education programmes from entry to level 3
MOL - national provider of online and blended professional training, qualifications and accreditations
Novus - UK's largest national justice sector training and education specialist
Total People - industry-led training and support for apprentices
UCEN Manchester - higher education and access programmes from level 4+
Key areas of the role are as follows:
- Public Affairs Strategy - development of an integrated regional public affairs strategy covering Manchester, Greater Manchester, the North-West and the broader Northern Powerhouse.
- Senior Influencer - be a proactive and intuitive public affairs advisor, working across multiple regional skills, education and funding policy agendas, helping each business to decode and influence external strategies, and enhance our reputation and impact.
- Estates Strategy - work closely with the Group leads and teams (Estates and Marketing / Communications) to develop and implement public affairs engagement strategy for The Manchester College's campus redevelopment plans.
- Group Business Planning - be highly responsive to the overall planning cycle, through developing our profile and reputation in our core education markets (Further / Higher and Adult Education; Offender Learning, Apprenticeships and Digital Learning).
- External Relations - collaborate with colleagues in Policy, Research and Planning to ensure alignment of key projects and planning, leveraging resources to support.
- Reporting and Analysis - provide detailed briefings, reports and analysis of our public affairs work, highlighting impact and demonstrating clear understanding of the local / regional agendas and influence on these.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Tuesday 22nd January 2019. Interviews will be held in Manchester on Tuesday 5thFebruary 2019 with immediate appointment.
The LTE Group is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.
Please apply via the link.