Lecturer - Marine Engineering
Come and work at Blackpool & the Fylde College where you can enjoy a generous benefits package:
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Free courses*
- Competitive pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast- (dependant on campus)
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks - dependant on campus
This post will benefit from an additional £3,650 scarcity payment per annum in addition to any agreed salary.
Summary of Responsibilities:
To assist in the development and delivery of the managed learning of students.
- To be directly involved in the delivery and management of student learning within the Curriculum area.
- To be fully conversant with course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
- To assist in the development and delivery of related programmes.
- To liaise with other staff to ensure a high standard of teaching and learning.
- To assist with securing quality improvement within the Curriculum area.
- To assist with monitoring student recruitment, retention and achievement and take remedial action where necessary.
- To use effectively the systems used in College (electronic or otherwise) to ensure student success, ie e-tracker, Moodle, internal verification etc. (This list is not exhaustive)
- To be responsible for meeting recruitment targets including participation in interviews, Open Days and specific curriculum events.
- To maintain an awareness of Health and Safety at all times and ensure that students are aware of safe practices and procedures.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Please apply via the link.