Head of English
Would you like to lead a team of Academic English Tutors, in a dynamic, innovative, and creative learning environment?
Our University of Surrey International Study Centre is expanding at some pace. After recently introducing the Pre-Masters programme (Level 6) in September, it’s an exciting time at the centre with a number of developments taking place. We are now looking for an experienced Academic English Manager to join the centre in an important positon as Head of English.
Working as part of the senior management team, the Head of English will plan and oversee all Academic English programmes delivered by the centre, ensuring that teaching and learning, quality, and enhancements, are of the highest standards. In this role, you will mentor, develop, and encourage your staff to ensure high progression rates are achieved, as well as a world class student experience. Stakeholder management is an essential part of this role, as you will liaise regularly with the University Partner as well as the central Development team. This is a highly operational role, however if you have experience working at a more strategic level then this would of great value to this position.
WHY CHOOSE US
We’re a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners, and over 60,000 students each year. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe. Using innovative teaching methods in an autonomous working environment, we empower our students to reach their potential, providing an unforgettable student experience, and a positive introduction to the UK and its culture.
Our University of Surrey International Study Centre, based in Guildford, is based in the heart of a beautiful campus that is extremely picturesque with a calm, peaceful atmosphere. The centre offers an International Foundation programme, a Pre-Masters programme, and English language preparation courses. There are a variety of pathways offered on both programmes as well as a variety of students from all across the globe.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- You will have previous leadership and management experience in a teaching and learning environment.
- Experience in planning and running complex education courses in English for Academic Purposes.
- Experience of leading a team to achieve high levels of student academic performance and outcomes against agreed targets.
- You will have a can do attitude, be pro-active, and be able to demonstrate resilience.
- DELTA Qualified or equivalent.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Please apply via the link.