Apprentice Commis Chef (L2)
Employer Name: The Knife and Cleaver
Working Week: Shifts TBC
Duration: 15 Months
Possible Start Date: 04/05/2019
This is the first step of the ladder to becoming a great chef. Do you have the passion for food? Are you someone who knows what providing great gastro food is all about? This is your big chance to learn all there is to know. If you’re ready to be part of our EPIC brigade of talented and experienced chefs and receive some great training then this is the job for you!
A fantastic opportunity for creative individuals with the desire to build on a career in the hospitality sector. As an apprentice chef you be will delivering high standards of excellence. You will be working on the larder and pastry section, assisting with the preparation and serving of starters and desserts.
Roles and responsibilities to include:
- Working on a section ensuring the prep list is completed
- Completing tasks set by the senior chefs in the kitchen
- Food Hygiene, Health and safety knowledge
- Follow recipes meticulously with care and attention
- Deputising for a CDP on their days off and leave a handover for their return
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness and follow company standards
- Ensure uniform is well presented
Things to consider
- This is a busy, hardworking position
- Your hours of work will include a mix of evening and weekends
- If you love cooking and committed then this position is one for you!
- Please check your travel arrangements
- As an apprentice, you will be able to apply for the Apprentice Extra Card, giving you discounts for many retail outlets and travel
- Food Hygiene
- Maths and English at GCSE grades A-C/ 4-9 (or equivalent)
The Knife and Cleaver is part of a family of classic British pubs along with Mill Street Pub and Kitchen in Oakham, The Golden Ball in Maidenhead, 185 Watling St. in Towcester and The Anchor in Aspley Guise; each building with its own identity. Dining is informal, in a relaxed environment reflecting the best in British design with a warm friendly welcome.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.