Lecturer in Construction and the Built Environment
37 hours per week.
Are you looking for an opportunity to teach in Higher Education?
Are you looking to develop your career within Higher Education?
Do you have experience within the construction sector, specifically Quantity Surveying?
Are you teaching within an FE setting and looking for your first post in Higher Education?
Located in the heart of the National Forrest, in between J22 of the M1 and J13 of the A42, Stephenson College is an award winning College delivering a wide range of academic and vocational courses for the local community and national employers.
We are seeking a Lecturer in Construction and the Built Environment to deliver the following Higher Education, Undergraduate Courses only;
- HNC/D Construction and the Built environment QCF
- HN Level 4 Construction and the Built environment RQF
- HN Level 5 Construction and the Built environment RQF
In this role you will be working with our University level students.
Working alongside a small team of professionals and within the Faculty of Construction and Professional Care Industries, you will be working with apprentices of blue chip National partners such as Vinci plc, BAM Construct, Galliford Try, Lagan, and a number of national house builders to deliver Higher Apprenticeships.
You may already be in an educational setting, working within a University or currently be working in the Construction/ Quantity Surveying sector looking for your first job in teaching. You will have a passion for innovation, bringing new ideas and embedding new technologies into the learning environment.
You can expect to be fully supported in developing your career within Higher education.
You will have the opportunity to develop the department and create a university ethos and culture whilst working closely with Universities such as The University of Derby and Nottingham Trent University.
You will be highly motivated and be able to demonstrate competence in teaching at HE Level. Ideally you will have proven knowledge in Quantity Surveying and/or Construction Management.
Essential Qualifications are;
- Level 6 Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training, or willingness to obtain the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training within 3 years of commencement at the College.
Desirable but non-essential attributes would be;
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
- Membership of the Society for Education and Training (MSET)
- Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)
- Membership of RICS
In return, some of the benefits you can expect are;
- Career Average Pension Scheme (Teacher’s Pension)
- 40 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Onsite free parking at Coalville
- Onsite gym at Coalville
- Professional development to achieving a professional teaching qualification
- Private Healthcare plan
Please apply via the link.