HMP Bullingdon have an exciting opportunity for a Cookery Tutor to join the education department in the prison.
As a highly motivated individual with excellent Cookery Skills, you will use your current industry experience to support and inspire learners to develop confidence, skills and experience and achieve Cookery / Catering qualifications, which learners can then apply to gain sustainable employment upon release.
This is an amazing opportunity, which will be both challenging and highly rewarding. As a Cookery tutor / lecturer / teacher, you will be delivering Cookery courses to a diverse group of learners within the prison.
As a valued member of the Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team, you will also help to develop a strong Cookery programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Cookery. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Cookery teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- Work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.