Software Support and Development Manager
Responsible for Oracle/SQL database administration, .NET/Web application development, support and maintenance of core business applications
Coordinates with Academic staff and Corporate staff
Summary of responsibilities
- Hands-on management of a busy team of developers and DBAs, ensuring that projects are delivered to schedule and BAU support is conducted in line with SLAs.
- Ensuring the availability and integrity of core business systems.
- Ensuring regular proactive maintenance of the Oracle and SQL databases that underpin core B&FC business systems is performed.
- To provide leadership and management of the software development team.
- To ensure that regular maintenance of the Oracle and SQL databases that underpin core B&FC business systems is carried out.
- To ensure that changes to core business systems are carried out in a controlled fashion.
- To ensure that incidents relating to Oracle/SQL databases and core business systems are resolved within SLA targets.
- To schedule and implement upgrades and enhancements of business systems in line with the B&FC IT strategy.
- To replace legacy Oracle Forms-based applications with solutions delivered via using .NET framework.
- To support the use of and contribute to the development of Oracle RDBS applications and associated products and tool sets.
- To support the use of and contribute to the development of Microsoft SQL Server applications and Microsoft Reporting Services.
- To ensure effective communication with all affected parties throughout the lifecycle of an incident, problem, change or project.
- To improve operational processes and implement automations wherever possible.
- To provide a DBA resource to other IT Services teams.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of IT technology innovation and development tools.
- To provide occasional out-of-hours support during system maintenance outage windows.
- To provide ad-hoc and scheduled reports as required.
- To provide 3rd line support for business critical systems to ensure continuing operational service.
- To contribute to the development of the IT strategy.
- To contribute to the implementation of the IT strategy.
- To assist in delivering IT strategic goals.
- To provide resource and assist other IT Teams to deliver their strategic goals.
- Identify and report on own development plans and training opportunities where possible. Contribute to own development through the staff performance review system and regular one to one meetings.
- Actively contribute to the development and improvement of the IT Service by researching appropriate new technologies and contributing to service improvement plans.
- Identify and report improvements to processes and procedures within own team.
- To be responsible for identifying own training needs.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Please apply via the link.