Summary of Responsibilities:
To help provide effective warden cover to support and monitor the progress of all learners including those ‘at risk’ under 18 year old students in accommodation activities. To maintain a welcoming, healthy, safe and clean college environment by upholding College Regulations and Codes of Practice.
- To work with the Residential Manager to ensure the welfare of all our students. Promoting and Safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults at all times.
- Keep written records of any discipline, behaviour, health and safety or other relevant incidents, using the appropriate policies and procedures, ensuring all damages caused by students are investigated and following investigation all costs are charged to the appropriate person/s.
- To supervise and / or react to any medical problems and ensure that students receive necessary Fist aid in an emergency in accordance with College policy.
- To be responsible for student welfare and refer any student who requires specialist information, advice, help or guidance and to inform the Fleetwood Residence Manager of such referral.
- To be fully aware of National Minimum Standards for under 18 students and ensure as a College we adhere to them and look to seek improvements where necessary.
- To ensure all curfews are managed effectively and ensure the under 18 signing our system is upheld and run efficiently in accordance with the current Conditions of Residence and code of conduct handbook.
- To provide daily reports in the log and via email to the Residential Manager on a daily basis.
- To maintain discipline and participate as required in disciplinary investigations in accordance with the disciplinary code. To provide a degree of presence within the restaurant, bar and on campus generally enabling students and visitors to make contact if required.
- To support the Residential Manager with administration duties.
- To assist with the staffing of College bars and ensure licensing laws are adhered to.
- To be responsible for keys and alarms in relation to the halls of residence and the main building.
- To conduct a full induction programme for new residents with the Residential and Facilities Manager.
- Monitoring of cross college CCTV and reporting accordingly.
- Participate in the promotional and marketing activities of the campus as required and ensure a professional and favourable image is portrayed at all times to enhance the college reputation and assist in ensuring future success.
- Undertake any Planned Maintenance and cleaning duties required.
- To ‘officially’ report on duty in the evening and handover in the morning to your colleagues / Residential Manager, informing them of any incident, maintaining an “open line” contact for the students through the Warden Mobile phone.
- Maintaining standards – Implement and monitor the college routine for under 18 year old students in residence. Maintain a safe environment for all students. Discourage antisocial behaviour. Maintain accurate records.
- To be the first point of contact whilst on call / carry the duty phone on a rota between all Residential Staff employed – which will cover 52 weeks of the year.
- All staff will be required to attend departmental / Wardens meetings, and other meetings and undertake staff development activities as identified.
- Carry out Minor maintenance and repair works
- Clearing drains and external grease traps, to include unblocking sinks, urinals and WC’s.
- To act as fire warden and assist with checking of firefighting equipment and other safety checks and schedules relating to Health, Safety and Security.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Please apply via the link.