Employer Name: Decesare
Working Week: Monday-Sat, 37.5 hours, variable
Duration: 24 Months
Possible Start Date: 04/05/2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen as a Hairdressing Apprentice. As part of your role, you will be assisting senior staff while training. This will involve general duties within the salon.
Duties as an apprentice will include:
- Greeting clients and visitors to the salon, as well as handling enquiries by telephone.
- Taking care of clients including providing refreshments, magazines, gowning and general comfort.
- Listening to the needs of clients and informing colleagues of any relevant information.
- Following all health and safety procedures.
- Assisting stylists with preparing clients for and during the service provided; this may include removing colours and blow drying under supervision.
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy.
- It is useful to have GCSEs in English and Maths at D/3 and above (or equivalent qualifications).
- Predicted grades will be acceptable
- Desire to become a fully qualified hairdresser.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Remembers and follows instructions.
- Able to anticipate the needs of others.
- Manages their time efficiently.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Works safely.
Hairdressing Professional Apprenticeship Standard
- You will be trained and supported by both your employer and college to demonstrate professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills and safe working practices associated with your role
- Required college attendance (Bletchley Campus)
- Regular visits into the workplace for assessments and observations
- Functional skills in both Maths and English, if required
- End point assessment
For more information or to apply, please click the link.