Hairdressing Assistant Apprentice
Employer Name: Rush
Working Week: 40 hours between 9am - 9pm
Duration: 24 Months
Possible Start Date: 04/05/2019
Do you dream of starting your hairdressing career with a leading hair salon group? Well Rush Hair is for you! This is an amazing chance to join our award-winning business that holds 15 British Hairdressing Awards.
You will be supervised and trained by our award winning Art Team members with time spent closely working with our highly skilled stylists in the salons.
Job role and responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and assisting hair stylists in all aspects of the clients hair service.
- Learning the correct techniques for shampooing and conditioning client’s hair and carrying out head massages.
- Learning about retail products and advising clients how to maintain salon professional hair at home.
- General housekeeping throughout the day to ensure the salon is always welcoming and presentable to the clients
- Meet and greet clients in a friendly, professional and helpful manner
- Make refreshments for clients
We ask that you keep up to date with the latest trends, techniques and hairdressing industry news, this will grow your personal knowledge.
- Desirable - GCSE grades in both Maths and English C/4 or above (or equivalent)
- Predicted grades will be acceptable
- Excellent communication skills
- Good timekeeping and organisational skills
- Creative skills
- Good attention to detail
- Effective team work skills
Full Apprenticeship Standard in Hairdressing Professionals
- Teaching assessments and observations in the workplace
- Ongoing training and support from the employer
- College attendance to Bletchley Campus
- Functional Skills (if required)
- Demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills along with safe working practices
- End point assessment
For more information or to apply, please click the link.