Apprentice Commis Chef (L2)
Employer Name: The Anchor Aspley Guise
Working Week: Shifts TBC
Duration: 12 Months
Possible Start Date: 04/05/2019
This is the first step of the ladder to becoming a great chef. Do you have the passion for food who knows what providing great gastro food is all about. This is your big chance to learn all there is to know about your trade.
If you're ready to be part of our EPIC brigade of talented and experienced chefs and receive some great training then this is the job for you!
A fantastic opportunity for creative individuals with the desire to build on a career in the hospitality sector. As an apprentice chef you be will delivering high standards of excellence. You will be working on the larder and pastry section, assisting with the preparation and serving of starters and desserts.
Roles and responsibilities to include:
- Working on a section ensuring the prep list is completed
- Food Hygiene, Health and safety knowledge
- Follow recipes meticulously with care and attention
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness and follow company standards
- Ensure uniform is well presented
Things to consider:
- This is a busy, hardworking position.
- Your hours of work will include a mix of evening and weekends.
- If you love cooking and committed then this position is one for you!
- Please check your travel arrangements.
- As an apprentice, you will be able to apply for the Apprentice Extra Card, giving you discounts for many retail outlets and travel
- Food Hygiene
- Maths and English at GCSE grades A-C/ 4-9 preferred (or equivalent)
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Basic knife skills
- Basic food knowledge
- Team player
- Excellent personal presentation
- A passion for food
- Able to cope with pressure
- Attention to detail
- Stock control
- Keen desire to learn
- Motivated to achieve
- Positive attitude and approach
- Good work ethic
Please apply via the link.