Administration Support Apprentice (L2)
Employer: BEST Academies – based at Robert Bloomfield Academy
Working Week: Monday – Friday (term time only)
Duration: 12 Months
Possible Start Date: 11/03/2019
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a thriving, happy and successful school? This apprenticeship role is to provide support to the school office and Office Manager; ensuring the school office runs smoothly and professionally at all times.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
* Manage daily resource reprographic requests to support student outcomes
* Support the Data Administrator to input and evaluate student data
* Produce summary reports using the School Management software, as required
* Monitor supplies and order as needed to maintain an effective level of stock
* Support staff creative needs through reprographics
* Monitor equipment and liaise with Service Level Agreement contractors as required
DUTIES OF THE ROLE
* Assist in the development of resources and displays across The Academy
* Support effective data management across The Academy
* Laminate, copy and assemble reprographic requests in a timely manner
* Maintain a cost effective stock
* Attend staff meetings as required
* Ensure student data is used effectively and in line with GDPR policy
* Participate in arrangements for training and continuing professional development.
* Attend Safeguarding Training and updates as directed by Senior Management and to have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to follow the child protection procedures adopted by the school
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from the BEST Principals to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
Things to consider:
Please ensure you consider your travel arrangements.
Salary dependant on prior experience and attainment.
As an Apprentice you will be able to apply for the NUS Apprentice Extra Card, this will allow you to gain discounts on over 200 online and high street retailers.
This vacancy may close early if we receive a high volume of applications.
* GCSE English Grade A*-C/9-4 * GCSE Maths A*-C/9-4
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Apple and Android applications
* Demonstrate creative problem solving and good communication skills
* Ability to work collaboratively or on own initiative
* Time management skills and a capacity for hard work
* Ability to prioritise effectively
* An awareness of relevant safeguarding/ child protection legislation and the best practice
* Good administration skills
* Ability to anticipate and solve problems and identify opportunities
* Enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
* Willingness to be flexible
* Excellent timekeeping and attendance
* Ability to multi-task and prioritise
* A commitment to equality principles and practices
* Willingness to take part in residential trips and visits
* Value and respect the views and needs of young people
* Willingness to undertake further training, including risk assessment and first aid.
* Demonstrate sensitivity to the learning needs of all students
* Ability to inspire, enthuse and motivate students and staff
* The ability to think creatively and imaginatively
Apprenticeship Standard for Customer Service Practitioner
- Functional Skills qualifications (if required)
- Training will include attendance at College, online learning and independent study in the workplace
- Regular visits fro the College into the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- Use of e-portfolio
- End point assessment
- Ongoing training and support from both the College and the employer
Over the last ten years, Robert Bloomfield has built up an enviable reputation as the highest performing and most oversubscribed school in Central Bedfordshire. We have received three consecutive Outstanding Ofsted awards, but as importantly we are a friendly, cohesive community that works relentlessly to place great opportunities in front of pupils and develop them as rounded individuals. The academy has set up and driven a large innovative Teaching School working alongside Central Bedfordshire Council, our Local Authority. We are in an excellent position to develop your skills as a teacher in a calm and ordered environment with motivated pupils. The Teaching School supports 136 schools in the Local Authority and has a strong track record in supporting teachers, at all stages of their career, to develop themselves to their fullest potential. As part of the Bedfordshire Schools Trust (BEST), our aspirations and expectations for our children centre on them achieving to their highest academic potential. Over the last 10 years, no stone has been left unturned by both the Governing Body and our highly dedicated staff team in pursuit of this. Our quest for improvement is relentless and our positive school ethos is a result of not only outstanding teaching but also an innovative curriculum and a wealth of extra-curricular experiences. We believe that no school is successful academically without strong pastoral support and a wide range of enriching experiences, these are available to all children at Robert Bloomfield. We have strived to develop this in equal balance so that every child at the school is able to find their own preferences and pathways as they grow through the school. The result is a school with extremely positive relationships between pupils, parents and staff. As a member of staff you will enjoy working in a rural location, with pupils who are proud of their school. You will work in a modern teaching environment with excellent new learning facilities and resources, with strong department leadership. We have a strong track record of developing teachers and future leaders. There are exceptional opportunities for career progression and development across BEST for skilled and ambitious teachers.
There may be a permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship, dependant on business needs.
Please apply via the link.