Lecturers in Public & Emergency Services
DGHE is the higher education division of David Game College. Established in 1974 the College is Ofsted inspected and QAA reviewed with a reputation for quality and academic excellence.
We now require qualified and experienced lecturers with a proven Level 4/5 Pearson teaching background in Public Services and related areas (Criminology, Criminal Justice, Emergency Services, Civil Protection, etc) to deliver a range of units to adult learners on BTEC HNC/D programmes.
Applicants will be expected to:
· Have significant work experience in a Public Services role
· Possess a degree level qualification
· Have significant experience teaching BTEC level 4 and 5 modules
· Have excellent subject knowledge and passion for the field
· Have demonstrable MS Office skills and VLE experience
· Be willing to work as part of a team to ensure all students reach their full potential
· Be willing to participate in professional development
· A PGCE or equivalent would also be desirable
We are looking for lecturers who can bring practitioner experience to the academic content taught to a range of students from a variety of backgrounds, and help them achieve their educational and career goals. The sessions will need to be interactive, attractive, informative and most of all motivational to adult learners.
In addition to the teaching you will be required to include preparation, classroom delivery and marking, and to deliver tutorial activity related to programmes of study. The College is a friendly environment, which offers excellent support, placing strong emphasis on continuous professional development.
Job description and person specification available at: https://www.dghe.ac.uk/college/staff-vacancies
Please send cover letter and CV to Dr John Sanders, Director of HE: email@example.com