Health & Social Care Programme Manager (Pearson BTEC HND)
The position is Full-time (or Fractional FTE 0.5-0.8) and the contract starts January 2019.
DGHE is the higher education division of David Game College. Established in 1974 the College is Ofsted inspected and QAA reviewed with a reputation for quality and academic excellence.
We now require a qualified and experienced health and social care practitioner to manage and develop the Centre’s BTEC HND provision. The position would entail some termly teaching but more importantly the responsibility for quality, standards and enhancement meeting the expectations of QAA, OfS and Pearson. The role also requires engagement with employers in order to develop work placement opportunities for our students and the ongoing management of the subsequent work-based assessment activities in line with the specific requirements of the new Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) that the HND Healthcare Practice now falls under.
This is a full-time position although for the right candidate a fractional post may also be considered.
Applicants will be expected to have:
- Significant (practitioner) work experience in a HSC role
- Master’s degree (or PG level qual) in a relevant subject and demonstrable record of continuous professional development.
- Adequate teaching experience, and assessment experience on Pearson BTEC HND programmes
- Experience as a course or programme manager
- Experience of module leadership, assessment design and internal verification
- Detailed knowledge of Pearson quality assurance processes and the QAA Quality Code
- Teaching qualification or be prepared to work towards completion
- Experience in curriculum design, evaluation and annual monitoring
- Commitment to and understanding of the development needs of students from diverse backgrounds and in particular adult learners
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Have demonstrable MS Office Skills, VLE and Turnitin experience
- Ability to work flexibly and adaptably to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
The College is an equal opportunities employer with a friendly and inclusive environment, which offers excellent support, placing strong emphasis on continuous professional development.
Job description and person specification available at: https://www.dghe.ac.uk/college/staff-vacancies
Please send cover letter and CV to Dr John Sanders, Director of HE: email@example.com
Apply for Health & Social Care Programme Manager (Pearson BTEC HND)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly