Trainer - Social Inclusion
Looking for a career where you can change lives?
For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons.
Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at HMYOI Deerbolt to join the education team as a Social Inclusion - Trainer on a permanent, full time (37hrs per week) basis.
The course includes a wide range of topics and innovative themes to enable learners develop 'active citizenship' skills and behaviours to prepare them for progression into 'Work Based' Academies at HMP/YOI Deerbolt. The course will include topics such as respect, self-management, team work, problem solving, presentation, effective communication, employability, as well as health and fitness and raising self-confidence.
The purpose of this role is to deliver high quality, learner focused vocational training to meet contractual requirements and Awarding Body standards.
To do this successfully you'll need to:
- Have experience in your vocational specialism.
- Be willing to gain a PTTLS or equivalent teaching qualification
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining these
- Be willing to commit to gain a subject specific qualification to allow you to train to Level 3 within two years
- Have a commitment to gain an assessor award required by relevant Awarding Bodies within one year
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile. To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please click the link.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to job evaluation.
Please apply via the link.