Would you like to work in an innovative learning environment, teaching Psychology, on Higher Education preparatory programmes?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on a full time permanent basis, teaching Psychology at our Durham University International Study Centre. Working with our small classes of international students (10-15 average), you will deliver highly effective Psychology modules across our International Foundation Year (Level 3) and Pre-Masters (Level 6) programmes. You’ll prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, as well as mark and feedback to students. Working in the large STEM team, you’ll engage in an autonomous and collaborative teaching and learning environment that encourages student centred, innovative, and creative teaching. Curriculum development is on-going, as well as our VLE, so there is fantastic opportunity to develop your skillset, in a work place where personal and professional development is encouraged.
WHY CHOOSE US
We’re a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners, and over 60,000 students each year. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe. Using innovative teaching methods in an autonomous working environment, we empower our students to reach their potential, providing an unforgettable student experience, and a positive introduction to the UK and its culture. Our Durham University Study Centre is the newest to the Study Group network, recently opened its doors in September last year. Based in the spectacular Queens Campus, it is now a fully functional centre full of talented students from across the globe. The centre runs a dynamic curriculum across the International Foundation and the Pre-Masters programme. This is a high-energy centre, where no day is the same. The centre is right next to the River Tees and the breath-taking Infinity Bridge
WHAT WE OFFER
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Extensive experience teaching Psychology at a minimum of Level 3, to small classes/groups.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Psychology or a relevant subject area.
- A student centred approach, excellent communication skills, and an interest in international education.
- A flexible and adaptable approach, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience working with a VLE and other learning technologies.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.