Specialist Learning Support Assistant
1 day left
- Part Time
30 hours per week.
Nottingham College is one of the largest further education colleges in the country creating opportunities for employment and progression to higher education for the people of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire; raising their prosperity and that of the local economy.
Nottingham College are looking for a suitable candidate to support students with Visual impairment.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- To act as a non-teaching appointment, capable of acting as VI technical support and classroom/personal care assistant
- To assist in the preparation/adaptation of learning material using relevant technology and to transcribe learning materials for individual students needs
- To train/support visually impaired and other students using adaptive technology and/or using specialised software
- To work under the direction support/teaching staff when supporting students with visual impairment within the classroom
- To assist in maintenance/storage and allocation of equipment
- To work under the direction support/teaching staff when supporting students with other additional needs
- To help implement educational plans of students, particularly to enhance their independence and self-advocacy skills
Interviews/assessments are scheduled for week commencing 7th January 2019.
Please apply via the link.