Construction Lecturer (Brickwork)
HMPYOI Winchester are seeking an innovative Construction Lecturer to join the education department within the prison.
As a Multi-Skilled Construction worker, you will be highly motivated with excellent construction skills and industry knowledge. You will support and inspire a diverse group of learners to develop confidence, skills and experience to achieve Level 1 and 2 City and Guilds qualifications within Carpentry, Brickwork, Plastering and Plumbing. This is an amazing opportunity, which will be both challenging and highly rewarding.
As a creative and passionate individual with excellent Construction skills, you will use your current industry experience to support and inspire learners to develop confidence, skills and experience and achieve qualifications within Brickwork, which learners can then apply to gain sustainable employment upon release.
As a valued member of the Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team, you will also help to develop a strong Construction programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Brickwork. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Construction teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be proactive and inspiring, with skills & knowledge to share with our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 2 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.