Learning Engagement Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
HMP Bullingdon’s education department have an exciting new opportunity for a Learning Engagement Specialist to join their Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team.
As a Learning Engagement Specialist you will provide administrative and learner support to the Education Manager and team while offering pastoral care and support through (re) engagement with education, advice and direction for learners and manage a team of excellent prison education champions.
The ideal candidate will have excellent IT skills and experience of supporting students / delivering training. You will be an enthusiastic, creative person who can support our learners through their engagement to education.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Good basic general education including GCSE (or) equivalent) in Maths and English at Grade C or above.
- Proven experience of presenting to groups.
- Good IT skills with experience of word processing, spread sheets, databases, email and internet systems.
- Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- Sensitive to the complexities of prisons or closed institutions and have the ability to work positively within the inherent restraints.
- A willingness and ability to assume responsibility and to see through detailed tasks.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Commitment to students and students’ success.
- Able to motivate self and others.
- Have thinking ability: able to plan, communicate and problem solve effectively.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.