Programme Manager - Maths and English
Do you like working in a challenging, but rewarding environment where each day is different and time flies?
Would you like to make a difference to the future of a vulnerable adult?
Have you ever thought of a career in prison education?
HMP Birmingham’s education department are looking for an experienced Functional Skills Maths and English Programme / Curriculum Manager to join their Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team to enhance the delivery of our Functional Skills Maths and English courses.
As Functional Skills Maths and English Programme Manager you will be dedicated to delivering learning success, through effective leadership within our Maths and English programme. The vacancy would suit a highly motivated Programme / Curriculum Manager that specialises in Functional Skills Maths and English and has a positive can do approach to education and the success of their students. The ideal candidate will have experience and success in their knowledge of Maths and English and experience managing a team.
Main responsibilities for this role:
- Support teachers to action poor attendance and liaise with the Deputy Manager Data to report on poor attendance.
- Be aware of courses starting and ending each week and ensure that enrolments and completions are actioned and submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure that Exams are scheduled and that resits are planned promptly as and when appropriate.
- Ensure all schemes of work are in place and match qualification criteria and support staff in the implementation and delivery of the scheme of work.
- Track teaching hours of all members of staff ensure they are not under or over delivering
- Ensure all display is relevant, personalised to learners, in date and in line with policy
- Update the staff board as necessary with daily reminders/regime/issues
- Track all DD time and ensure that it is used effectively
- Review the learning environment to ensure that it is clean tidy and free from risk
- Update the weekly predicted success spreadsheet for the English, maths & ESOL outcomes
- Regularly feedback to staff to ensure that everyone understands the direction of the department, what the next steps are, and how to improve. Accurately communicate any changes.
- To meet regularly with the English, maths and ESOL team and hold effective strand meetings.
Please apply via the link.