Lecturer / Assessor
HMP Long Lartin’s education department are looking for an experienced Hospitality & Employability Assessor lecturer / tutor to deliver Hospitality, Employability & Personal Development to a diverse group of learners within the prison, on a Full Time Basis.
As a successful Lecturer / Assessor, you will be delivering and assessment of qualifications in Hospitality, Employability & Personal Development. This will be across the prison developed to help support the residents of HMP Long Lartin.
As a Hospitality, Employability & Personal Development Assessor / Lecturer within our Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team, you will help to develop a strong Hospitality, Employability & Personal Development programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated assessor / lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Hospitality, Employability & Personal Development. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Hospitality teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in Hospitality and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven record of accomplishment, managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.