Student Support and Recruitment Worker
HMPYOI Swinfen Hall have a new vacancy for a Student Support and Recruitment Worker to act as an ambassador, promoting education to maximise the recruitment of students onto learning programmes and supporting their learning goals within the prison.
As a successful Student Support and Recruitment Worker, you will provide appropriate guidance to students when selecting courses and support the education allocation process by delivering a range of ICT/paper based initial assessment and screening assessments. You will also be confident in promoting the benefits of education and be actively involved in all aspects of student recruitment and programme marketing, working in partnership with HMPPS and other agencies to develop and deliver support services for our learners.
As a successful candidate you will:
- Good basic general education including GCSE (or) equivalent) in Maths and English at Grade C or above.
- Proven experience of presenting to groups.
- Good IT skills with experience of word processing, spread sheets, databases, email and internet systems.
- Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- Sensitive to the complexities of prisons or closed institutions and have the ability to work positively within the inherent restraints.
- A willingness and ability to assume responsibility and to see through detailed tasks.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Commitment to students and students’ success.
- Able to motivate self and others.
- Have thinking ability: able to plan, communicate and problem solve effectively.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.