Foundation Learning Lecturer
HMPYOI Swinfen Hall are looking for a passionate, experienced and innovative Foundation Learning Lecturer to deliver Entry Level 1, 2, 3 Maths, English and ICT to a diverse group of learners within the prison.
As a Foundation Learning Lecturer in our Offender Learning team you will help to develop a strong Foundation Learning programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated teacher / lecturer to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT. This vacancy would suit someone with experience engaging learners who may have additional learning needs and many who have not attended education before.
The successful candidate will be a motivated Foundation Learning Lecturer, with a can do approach to education. You will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.