Lecturer - Humanities
HMP Gartree’s education department are looking for an experienced lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver a range of Level 2 subjects with a focus on Level 3 Humanities to a diverse group of learners within the prison. As a Lecturer within our Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team you will help to develop a strong Education programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
For this opportunity, HMP Gartree are seeking individuals who can teach up to level 3 Humanities and up to level 2 subjects which could include but are not limited to Citizenship, History and Geography. The prison are highly interested in enthusiastic lecturers with new ideas and inspirations.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Humanities, Geography, History, Citizenship and other subjects. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.