HE Learning Mentor (SpLD)
Term-time only (34 weeks/academic year).
1.0 FTE full or part time (potential job share considered, 2x 0.5 FTE or similar).
This is an exciting time for University Centre Reaseheath as our Higher Education programmes continue to grow and develop. Our HE Support Team deliver bespoke in-house support for our students, allowing each and every one to reach their full potential. We are seeking to increase our support capacity by recruiting a Learning Mentor to deliver DSA funded 1:1 support to students with SpLDs.
We can offer you:
- The chance to work within a supportive team environment
- Funded professional CPD
- Access to regular in-house CPD
- Timetabled individual 1:1 meeting rooms
- Administrative support
- A competitive benefits package including an on-site gym, day kennels, free parking and a cycle-to-work scheme
In order to deliver DSA funded support, the successful candidates are required to hold the following qualifications;
- Essential - Degree or equivalent
- Essential - Professional membership of one of the following organisations: PATOSS, BDA,ADSHE, Dyslexia Guild
- Desirable - Teaching qualification
- Desirable - Postgraduate qualification in SpLDs
- Good team working and communication skills are essential for working within this tight-knit team.
Please note these roles constitute 'regulated activity' as defined by the Protection of Freedom Act 2012. The successful candidates will therefore be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check with barred list information prior to starting employment.
Assessment Centre Date: TBC.
Please apply via the link.