Apprentice Mechanical Fitter/On site machinist
Employer: Doosan Babcock
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 3 years
Possible start date: 07th Jan 2019
Working week: Monday to Thursday 8:00am to 4:30pm. Friday 8:00am to 2:30pm. Total hours per week: 38.00.
Doosan Babcock are looking for new engineering apprentices at their Dudley/Tipton site. The advertised role will involve working within the Plant/Consumables department, with On-site machinists and qualified fitter (maintenance) teams. Primarily working at the premises in Tipton.
- Work alongside qualified fitter to gain key skills
- Gain an understanding of fault finding
- Create relevant documentation associated with the equipment
- Gain an understanding of the legislative requirements for plant and equipment
- Understand key principals of machining
- Adopt a positive health and safety culture at all times
- Attend further education programme in line with the course provided
- Maintain good housekeeping during work hours and in the environment of work
- Show a positive aptitude to learning the process of a plant fitter and machinist
- Be prepared to travel within the UK and further afield as and when necessary
- Be able to communicate effectively both written and orally
- Punctual during working hours
- Attend college at the desired times
Minimum - GCSE (or equivalent) Level 4 maths, English and a science
Preferred - GCSE (or equivalent) Level 7/8 maths, English and a science
For more information or to apply, please click the link.