Swimming Instructor Apprentice
Employer: Corringham Leisure Centre
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 03rd Jan 2019
Working week: Days and shifts to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 37.00
Impulse Leisure is looking for two apprentices to complete an Apprenticeship in Coaching Learn to Swim, to work across three sites: Blackshots Leisure Centre, Corringham Leisure Centre and Belhus Park Golf and Country Club.
If you love Swimming or have an interest in Sport or Teaching, this apprenticeship could help you build a career out of your passion.
As a qualified swimming teacher you would:
- Teach or coach one-to-one or in groups
- Plan and deliver sessions appropriate to the level of swimmer
- Provide explanations and demonstrate swimming techniques
- Correct faults in swimming techniques and identify ways to improve performance
- Make sure safety standards are followed
- Organise and supervise assistants and helpers
The types of jobs associated with this apprenticeship programme are:
- Assistant Swimming Teacher
- Swimming Teacher
- Swimming Coordinator
- Recreation Assistant
Areas of responsibility will include working across a number of areas of the Leisure Centres including poolside, cafeteria and reception, as well as swimming instruction.
No formal qualifications required.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.