Employer: Scientific & Chemical Supplies Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 17th Dec 2018
Working week: Various working hours, days and shifts to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 40
Working within the Finance Department you will provide a professional and timely accounting service in respect to all payments of invoices and expenses through the Purchase Ledger.
- Stock invoices checked against purchase order number on sage and any discrepancies passed to purchasing department
- Non-stock invoices checked and logged against non-stock PO register or passed to relevant authoriser
- Invoices posted onto Sage in a timely manner, within the relevant period
- Reconciliation of supplier statements on receipt
- Accounts payables periodic Bacs Run in line with the finance policy
- Allocation of payments processed on to the relevant supplier account in sage
- Resolving supplier queries
- Communicating with suppliers and scheduling payment
- Providing assistance to any queries, remittances, misallocations etc.
- Month end procedures
- Barclaycard Rec
- Petty Cash
- Report on aged creditors weekly
- Contribute to cash flow forecast by providing aged creditor analysis for the relevant period
- Ad-hoc task/project as they arise in supporting the finance team and the company
Requirements and prospects:
- Good skills with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Can do attitude
- GCSE (or equivalent) A-D 3-9 in maths and English could be advantageous
The possibility of a full time post upon completing the apprenticeship, with future prospects of personal growth within the organisation.
Please apply via the link.