Academic English Studies Tutor (Variable Hours)
Would you like to work in an autonomous learning environment, teaching Academic English Skills, on Higher Education preparatory programmes?
Our University of Sussex International Study Centre is looking for an experienced EAP Tutor to join the team on a variable hour contract. Teaching Academic English Skills to students on our International Foundation Programme (Level 3), International Year 1 (Level 4), and Pre-Masters Programmes (Level 6), you’ll provide student centred teaching to small groups of international students (10-15 per class). You’ll mark students’ formative and summative assessments submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials. We love to work with Tutors that enjoy delivering innovative and creative lessons, and within this role you will be given the autonomy to be creative with you approach. The centre is collaborative and inclusive, with regular team building and group CPD.
WHY CHOOSE US
We’re a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners, and over 60,000 students each year. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe. Using innovative teaching methods in an autonomous working environment, we empower our students to reach their potential, providing an unforgettable student experience, and a positive introduction to the UK and its culture. The University of Sussex International Study Centre is a campus that offers a unique combination of tranquillity and energy. The centre is surrounded by a breath-taking national park, yet at the same time we are a short train or bus journey from Brighton. Brighton has fantastic transport links, so you'll easily be able to explore the rest of the UK and Europe.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
- We value flexibility within the workplace - creating an adaptive working environment with a number of different working arrangements available to our people.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area.
- CELTA, DELTA, or a relevant Master’s degree.
- Experience working in a Further Education or a Higher Education environment working with international students.
- Extensive experience teaching Academic English to international students.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Please apply via the link.