Lecturer - Electrical Installations
Dudley College opened its Advance II centre in September 2017 which is a purpose built state of the art facility for engineering training building on our existing success of Advance I. Delivering a range of training across Levels 2, 3, and 4, Advance I and II house some of the latest advanced manufacturing and engineering technologies and curriculum programmes in further education across the UK. An OFSTED ‘outstanding’ college providing training across the engineering sector we have plans for further growth and diversification in to new areas of engineering. We require an experienced Electrical Installations Lecturer to deliver EAL/BTEC/City and Guilds qualifications to learners from the ages of 16 to 19+. The successful candidate will have:
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the Engineering industry
- Ideally have a teaching qualification, e.g. PTTLS
- Experience of teaching and supporting young people
- A calm and flexible approach to dealing with challenging behaviour
- The ability to motivate our learners who may have become disaffected to achieve qualifications and fulfil their potential
- Good attention to detail essential for completion of paperwork and student folders
A teaching qualification would be an advantage or a commitment to undertake this within the first year of employment is essential.
All successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure and barring service check and children and adults barred list checks where the applicant will be employed in a regulated activity.
Dudley College of Technology is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, including disabled, and black and ethnic minority applicants.
Please apply via the link.