Our Lancaster University International Study Centre is set to grow their business team, so are looking to recruit an outgoing Business Tutor on a variable hour contract. Teaching on our International Foundation Programme (Level 3) for Business, to small classes of international students (10-15 students), you will be encouraged to provide engaging, innovative and creative lessons, that inspire and prepare our students for their Higher Education journey. As well as teaching, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the development and/or revisions of existing or new courses in terms of design, content, structure, form of delivery and assessment. You’ll be working with a well-established and experienced team within the centre, exposing you to fantastic teaching training and development.
WHY CHOOSE US
We’re a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners, and over 60,000 students each year. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe. Using innovative teaching methods in an autonomous working environment, we empower our students to reach their potential, providing an unforgettable student experience, and a positive introduction to the UK and its culture.
Our Lancaster University International Study Centre is based in a vibrant campus in the heart of Lancaster. With city, coast, and countryside within a short distance, this location is certainly unique. The centre has high-class facilities in a fantastic working environment. There’s a complex curriculum on offer with the centre providing programmes across Level 3 (International Foundation), Level 6 (Pre-masters), and in English language preparation.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a collaborative network, with 17 other study centres across the UK & Europe.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Previous experience teaching Business at a minimum of Level 3, in an FE or HE environment.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a relevant subject area.
- A teaching qualification is highly desirable.
- You’ll be a student centred Tutor with innovative and creative lesson ideas.
- You’ll be experienced with working with a VLE.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.