Academic English Skills Tutor
Would you like to work in an autonomous learning environment, teaching Academic English Skills, on Higher Education preparatory programmes?
This is a fantastic position that offers just that. Our University of Surrey International Study Centre is looking for an experienced EAP Tutor to join the team on a variable hour contract. Teaching Academic English Skills to students on our International Foundation Programme (Level 3), you’ll provide student centred teaching to small groups of international students (10-15 per class). We love to work with Tutors that enjoy delivering innovative and creative lessons, and within this role you will be given the autonomy to be creative with your approach. You’ll have the opportunity to work with students from across the globe, empowering students to reach the competitive level of Academic English that is required.
WHY CHOOSE US
We’re a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners, and over 60,000 students each year. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe. Using innovative teaching methods in an autonomous working environment, we empower our students to reach their potential, providing an unforgettable student experience, and a positive introduction to the UK and its culture. Our University of Surrey International Study Centre, based in Guildford, is based in the heart of a beautiful campus that is extremely picturesque with a calm, peaceful atmosphere. The centre offers an International Foundation programme, a Pre-Masters programme, and English language preparation courses. There are a variety of pathways offered on both programmes as well as a variety of students from all across the globe.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
- We value flexibility within the workplace - creating an adaptive working environment with a number of different working arrangements available to our people.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Extensive experience teaching AES, ideally in a Higher Education context.
- You will have a minimum of a CELTA, with a DELTA (or equivalent) highly desirable.
- A student centred approach, excellent communication skills, and a passion for international education.
- Experience teaching international students that are specialising in a range of different subject areas.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Please apply via the link.