Paving/Hard Landscaping Vocational Lecturer - (various sites across the Midlands and South England)
Milton Keynes College Offender Learning Team are seeking experienced Vocational Lecturers/Trainers to deliver a variety of accredited and non-accredited Vocational qualifications to a diverse group of learners within prisons at multiple locations in England.
You will use your current industry experience to support and inspire learners to develop confidence, skills and experience in order for them to achieve Vocational qualifications, which learners can then put to use to gain sustainable employment upon release.
We provide education to 27 prisons across the Midlands and South of England and as a sessional worker you would have the opportunity to work at multiple sites if that suited. You could also cover across multiple courses if you hold qualifications or expertise in more than one area.
We would be very interested to hear from candidates who are experienced in the following area, able to deliver up to Level 2, and able to travel to any of the West Midlands, East Midlands or Buckinghamshire areas.
Paving/Hard Landscaping/Ground Works
This is an exciting time for prison education and a great opportunity to experience prison teaching as a variable hours/sessional tutor with potential to be covering part or full time hours. There are also temp to perm opportunities with a number of our current vocational roles and the opportunity for further progression and continued professional development as an employee of Milton Keynes College.
Prison education runs all year round, all day Monday-Thursday and generally until lunchtime on a Friday. Delivery hours can range from 4.5-6.5 per day split across two long lessons, within an overall 08:00-17:00 day (please note these times do vary slightly from site to site).
The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses. You will be a team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Experience embedding Maths, English, E&D and Employability is essential, in order to successfully deliver the curriculum.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant Vocational qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven record of accomplishment of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.