Subject Leader - Business and Law
Would you like to work in an autonomous learning environment that empowers students to reach their dream University?
Due to the current post holder taking maternity leave, we are now recruiting a Subject Leader in Business and Law, to join our Liverpool John Moores University International Study Centre. This position will contribute to the centre by providing strategic academic leadership across Business and Law. You’ll act as the first point of contact to the team of Tutors, giving guidance and expertise. You’ll be working closely with the Head of Programmes, Head of English and Academic Skills and other tutors in general to ensure the progression of students on to their chosen degrees at Liverpool JMU. This also includes being part of the management committee within the centre. You’ll have teaching hours of around 12-16 hours a week. This is an exciting role that would suit an enthusiastic, innovative, and creative tutor who has leadership qualities, and is looking to gain experience in a more senior role.
WHY CHOOSE US
We’re a global pathway provider in International Education, with over 20 years’ experience, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners, and over 60,000 students each year. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe. LJMU International Study Centre is a fantastic place to work. Based in the heart of the University, the centre offers great facilities, a great working environment, and great people. This is a close-knit centre, that’s collaborative and friendly, offering excellent development to its staff.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 30 days (pro rata) holiday a year that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, or a relevant subject.
- A Masters degree, or a teaching qualification, are highly desirable.
- You’ll be a student centred teacher, with experience in small classes, and a catalogue of creative and innovative classroom activities to ensure the highest quality of student experience.
- Experience of providing leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary FE or HE environment, with evidence of success.
- Experience of providing feedback to another person about their performance, which achieved a positive improvement
- Experience of HR duties, such as delivering training and taking part in the recruitment process.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Please apply via the link.