Nursery/Forest School Bank Staff
Children First and Forest School Nursery are seeking bank staff to work on a flexible basis. Successful applicants may be qualified or unqualified. It is important for bank staff to want to work with and care for children. Staff would be employed in a fully supervised environment. Bank staff are often required at short notice so a high degree of flexibility will be necessary. The nursery is open from 7:30am to 6pm with staff working shifts of 8 hours. We are seeking bank staff who can cover whole day shifts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General childcare duties including: Changing nappies, cleaning faces, going outside in all weathers, preparing snacks, serving meals and playing with the children.
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of the children is paramount this will include daily risk assessments of toys, equipment and areas that the children play in.
- General cleaning and tidying of the nursery during the day to ensure it is a healthy and stimulating learning environment.
- Read, understand and follow all nursery policies and procedures.
- Assist with ensuring the nursery is in a state of readiness for OFSTED inspection when it arises.
- Support the nursery team manager in the ongoing development and improvement of the nursery.
- Inform the Manger/Deputy Team Manager/ Room Leader of issues within the room or nursery.
- Working effectively with the Nursery team to contribute to the team plan and culture of excellence and to ensure that the College offers an outstanding service to students, staff and other stakeholders.
- Ensure you arrive at the nursery before your shift is due to start ready and prepared for the day.
- Any other duties reasonably delegated by the Principal.
The postholder will be based within the Nursery team.
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The postholder may be required to carry out other duties and responsibilities in keeping with the nature of the post.
The college is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please apply via the link.