Economics Tutor (Variable Hours)
Are you a passionate Economics Tutor looking for an innovative and autonomous learning environment?
Our University College Dublin International Study Centre is currently looking for a qualified teacher of Economics to teach on the International Foundation Year (QQI Level 6) commencing from January 2019. In this exciting position, you will provide innovative, engaging, and creative Economics lessons to our small classes, that average around 10-15 students. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the design, delivery, and development of units and teaching sessions, as well as prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars, and tutorials.
WHY CHOOSE US
We’re a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners, and over 60,000 students each year. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe. Using innovative teaching methods in an autonomous working environment, we empower our students to reach their potential, providing an unforgettable student experience, and a positive introduction to the UK and its culture. Our University College Dublin International Study Centre (UCDISC) is located on the beautiful leafy Belfield campus of Ireland’s international university. The centre offers Foundation courses to international students preparing them for entry onto their chosen courses at UCD. The campus is the largest urban campus in Europe and offers fantastic facilities. Why Dublin? It’s an inspiring city, acting as a global business hub, full of rich history and a forward thinking mentality.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A flexible holiday allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- A Master’s Degree is preferred, however a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject will be considered.
- Proven success teaching Economics at Level 3 and above in an FE or HE learning environment.
- A student-centred approach and good IT and organisational skills are essential.
- A teaching qualification would be highly desirable.
- You will have a familiarity with creating online and offline learning material, and have basic administration skills (e.g. filing, Microsoft Office).
- Some experience teaching international student is highly desirable.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Please apply via the link.