Location: Bellerbys College, London
The Attendance officer will work alongside key college staff to promote excellent attendance, through application of the Attendance Policy, including monitoring attendance and attendance patterns, reporting non-attendance to Programme Managers and following up on absent students. There is responsibility for designing and implementing college strategies to counter poor attendance and punctuality. Responsibility for supporting the college in meeting its obligations with regards to knowing the whereabouts of students.
Details of key items from person specification
- Ability to work consistently to regular routines
- Ability to analyse data, report issues and make recommendations for change
- Good teamwork skills working across a range of colleagues in college
- Ability to motivate and inspire students to attend classes
- Ability to work with students to improve attendance
- Ability to work with teachers to get registers completed in a timely manner.
- Able to undertake numerical calculations in summarising manual registers and working out percentages of attendance for students and groups.
Working hours and length of contract
Full time/permanent – Preferably January start
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please send application forms to Sharon Treharne, PA to Principal & HR Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications must be returned by 9am Monday 10th December. Interviews will take place week commencing 17th December.
Please send your completed application form and CV via the Apply link.