Apprentice Programmer (L4)
Possible Start Date: 7th January 2019
Working Week: Flexibility in start and finish times
Duration: 24 Months
Web Control Ltd are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Programmer to add to their ever-growing team. With many projects being developed simultaneously and customers to support, it’s an exceptional opportunity to develop your skills across a number of platforms.
KEY APPRENTICE PROGRAMMER TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
- Managing and supporting Software Development needs
- Maintaining and upgrading existing system
- End user training and support, including documentation where necessary Supporting the rest of the team as required
- Database management and development
- Development of Android or iOS-based applications
- The successful Apprentice Programmer will be involved in maintaining and upgrading existing systems, supporting our customers and working on projects developing bespoke applications. The company believes in developing its skills base, so you will be offered training opportunities and encouraged to become the best you can be.
IN RETURN YOU WILL GAIN EXPERIENCE IN:
- SQL Database Design and Management including Replication
- NET (generally C# and VB) • ASP.NET / HTML / Web Development
- Object Oriented software design
- Android or iOS development
- Unidata and Uni-Basic
Things to consider:
- Salary of £14,000 to £18,000 depending on prior qualifications and experience
- Being a successful growing and caring company, we offer excellent prospects for training and career progression, a highly competitive salary negotiable depending on experience and a quarterly bonus scheme (once criteria has been met)
- Canteen on site
- Beautiful office location – lake and fields to walk around at lunch
- Free parking
- Opportunity to visit customer sites
- The company is based at Caswell Science and Technology Park near Towcester so having a car is essential as there are no bus routes.
- If you’re interested in a career as an Apprentice Programmer and would like to work with an employee friendly, successful and fast developing business with excellent career prospects and a flexible working arrangement to suit your needs.
GCSE English and Maths A*-C/4-9 or level 2 equivalents
Desired: A-Level or equivalent e.g. BTEC in IT, Maths or Computing or a Level 3 IT apprenticeship
- The successful Apprentice Programmer does not need any previous experience, however, a keen interest in building software and developing internet-based systems would be advantageous.
- Good communication skills, spoken and written.
- Team player.
- Logical thinker.
- Customer service focus.
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism with the customer, other team members and third parties.
- Good time management skills.
- Respectful and honest
- Excellent attention to detail
- Capable of working in a team
The Apprenticeship will incorporate face to face workshops, online learning and on the job experience.
Your Apprenticeship Training will include:
- Full apprenticeship standard in Level 4 Software Developer
- Functional skills (if required in both Maths and English)
- College Attendance at Silbury Campus
- Regular visits from the college into the workplace
- Assessments and observations in the workplace
- On-going training and support from the employer
- End Point Assessment
We are a small fast-growing software support and development company with customers across the UK & Europe. Established since 2001 primarily providing software support, development and bespoke applications to enterprise customers.
Upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship the employer is looking to offer a full time employment to the successful candidate. As an Apprentice you will be able to apply for the NUS Apprentice Extra Card, this will allow you to gain discounts on over 200 online and high street retailers.
Please apply via the link.