IT Systems Engineer Apprenticeship (L3)
Possible Start Date: 7th January 2019
Working Week: Mon - Thurs 8.30 to 5pm (1 hour lunch), Fri 8.30 to 4.00pm (0.5 hour lunch)
Duration: 18 Months
De Soutter Medical has an exciting opportunity within IT as it looks to grow the team. We're looking for an Apprentice IT Systems Engineer to maintain and implement software and IT services to enable growth and improve efficiency across the business. If you have a passion for IT and technology, this is an ideal opportunity to start your career.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for the smooth running of the company’s computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
- Prioritising and managing multiple open cases at one time;
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with staff and other professionals
Things to consider:
Please ensure you are able to travel to the employer location
Apprentices are able to apply for the Apprentice Extra Card, providing you with discounts for travel, food and many retail outlets.
Good pass in English, Maths, 1 science and IT qualification desired
- The ability to think logically.
- Can prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Has problem-solving skills with a hands on approach.
- Is a completer/finisher with an attention to detail.
- Open and willing to learn.
- Passion and attention to detail
- Apprenticeship Standard for IT Infrastructure Technician
- Attendance at College
- Regular visits from the College into the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- Use of online portfolio
- End Point Assessment
- Ongoing support from the College and employer
Founded in 1990, De Soutter Medical is a leading European manufacturer of surgical power tools. Our goal is to develop and produce advanced surgical cutting solutions for a rapidly changing global healthcare market. De Soutter Medical produces first class, cost effective surgical power tools. Through continuous product research and development, we are developing new technologies and expanding our intellectual property portfolio. This ensures that we remain at the cutting edge of the medical power tool market, and respond directly to our customers’ needs. The De Soutter Medical product range is primarily focused on the orthopaedics and trauma marketplace. Our instruments are used for both large and small bone surgery. We also manufacture powered instruments for arthroscopy, maxillo-facial, oral, ENT, cardiothoracic, neuro, spinal and plastics procedures. Our surgical range includes both modular and dedicated instruments, with a choice of battery, electric or pneumatic power options. In addition, we produce a full range of cast removal systems and autopsy saws. All De Soutter Medical surgical instrument systems are supported by an extensive range of sterile packed consumables, comprising the Stericut® line of burs and blades, and the unique ECO Pulse™ lavage system.
The employer is looking to offer a permanent position on completion of the Apprenticeship programme, depending on performance. Previous apprentices have moved on to supervision, and other roles. Recently completed apprentices are moving on to further their education with us.
Please apply via the link.