Engineering Toolmaker Apprentice (L3)
Possible start date: 7th January 2019
Working week: Monday to Thursday: 8:00am to 5:15pm Friday: 8:00am to 1:00pm.
Do you desire to work with the latest CNC machine tools and Computer Aided Design facilities? Have you always seen yourself working as part of an ever-growing team, developing in a Toolmaking profession with attractive salaries? This is an excellent chance to start an exciting engineering career in the New Year.
Try-out: All tools are tried and tested on our own presses before they leave the factory, maximum capacity 500Tons with a maximum bed size of 108" x 60", fitted with twin cushions.
Timing: Making sure tools are delivered on time is given top priority; timing plans are produced for each tooling project with one copy given to the customer. A blend of conventional drawing techniques and Computer Aided Design are used in the design office. The CAD facilities speed up the design of complex progression tools.
Daily responsibilities include:
- To work as a team member of the company learning the highly skilled Toolmaking profession.
- To be proactive in finding solutions to problems.
- Daily tasks will be initially to machine steels to specific sizes and square.
- Using machines with “Read –Out” for positioning holes etc.
- Checking dimensions achieved.
- Surface grinding steels to specific size and square. Machining to a “cut off list” (Initial part of the toolmaking process)
- To comply with applicable legislation and organisational safety requirements.
Things to consider
- Salary dependent on experience and attainment.
- Please ensure you are able to travel to the employer location.
- As an apprentice you will be able to apply for the Apprentice Extra Card, giving discounts for shopping, cinema, restaurants and travel.
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs (or equivalent): Grade 4 (C) or above in Maths, English and Science.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.