Apprentice Finance Assistant
Employer: YMCA BLACK COUNTRY GROUP
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 03rd Dec 2018
Working week: 7.5 hrs per day. Days and shifts to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 37.50
Working as part of a busy finance team and contributing to an efficient and effective finance service.
To provide support to the YMCA Finance Team on a day to day basis ensuring the provision of an efficient and effective finance service in support of the Group’s goals, objectives and Business Plan. Working pro-actively to identify areas for improvement and taking appropriate action in accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures
- Processing purchase orders and ensuring correctly authorised in line with policies and procedures
- Processing of purchase invoices from suppliers using Sage 50 ensuring coded and authorised correctly
- Purchase Ledger Statement Reconciliations
- Processing Sales invoices to customers using Sage 50
- Maintenance and reconciliation of petty cash
- Checking expense claims to ensure accuracy and correctly authorised.
- Processing journals
- Providing assistance with the preparation of audit files
- Stationery orders
- Reception duties – Cover as required
- Performing other duties within the finance team as requested
- GCSE (or equivalent) Grade A to C English and maths
For more information or to apply, please click the link.