Employer: Wordsley Green Surgery
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 26th November 2018
Working week: Monday: 9.00am - 3.30pm (30 minutes lunch), Tuesday 10.00am - 6.30pm (1 hour lunch), Wednesday 8.00am - 4.30pm (1 hour lunch), Thursday 9.30am - 6.30pm (1 hour lunch), Friday 9.30am - 6.30pm (1 hour lunch). Total hours per week: 37.
An excellent opportunity to join the front of house team of a busy Primary Care clinic. This position offers the right candidate the chance to work as an important part of the practice team providing front desk and administrative support to the clinical staff and GPs.
You will be required to work mainly in the reception area of our practice as part of the team who meet and greet either at the front desk or on the phones. Duties include:
- Meeting and greeting patients
- Booking appointments both in person and over the phone and dealing with visitors - you will be the first point of contact. You will be responsible for delivering excellent customer service to all
- You will also be responsible for handling repeat prescription requests
- Dealing with enquiries
- Scanning clinical documents on to our clinical network
Requirements and prospects
- Good basic level of education
- Ability to communicate well with a range of patients, visitors and outside agencies
- Excellent telephone manner
- Basic IT and admin knowledge
- Able to work on your own initiative
- Confident and courteous when speaking to the general public
- Polite manner
- Good time keeper
GCSE A-D in maths and English or equivalent.
It is expected there will be the opportunity to progress to an advanced apprenticeship upon completion within either Business Admin, Customer Service or Health Care assistance.
Things to consider:
You will have a varied role where you will have the ability to develop your skills in a number of areas, within general practice, which will help to form a great platform to build on for your future.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.