Project and Design Engineering Apprentice
- Full Time
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 24 months
Possible start date: 26th November 2018
Working week: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, with one hour lunch break. Total hours per week: 35.
Kingfisher is looking for an aspiring apprentice with the ability, drive and determination to become highly skilled and passionate engineer.
A project and design engineering apprentice will learn the following:
- Carryout and complete design engineering of contracts from inputs received through the sales department to ensure details are prepared and available for the satisfactory manufacture and installation of product in line with customer expectation
- Carryout design activities using a CAD software, presently Solidworks
- Be part of and assist in specifying the latest design technology in order that the Company is able to harness all available resources’ in meeting its design obligations
- Cost control throughout contracts in live time
- Liaison with the sales department ensuring that the estimate of works can be realised in the most cost effective way without compromising on quality or safety
- Liaison with customers in ensuring that their expectations are not only met but exceeded
- To act on verbal or written instructions received from the Operations department in relation to order processing and discussions in respect to labour allocation re work load and forward orders
- Assisting with sales activities, building on the back of successful contracts
- To assist in any activities that is aimed at achieving or enhancing the company success as requested by the shareholders of the company
- Review material usages on contracts assisting in ensuring that materials are readily available in line with contractual requirements to fulfil the Companies contractual obligations
- Ensure efficient utilisation of materials, minimising scrap and waste
- The production of requisitions for materials and services associated with the material requirements for the manufacture of products
- Adherence and implementation of all Quality procedures involved with in process and on-site manufacture
- Implementing corrective actions as identified during Quality Management meetings and audits
- Promote quality awareness and responsibility throughout the business
- Verify that quality standards are understood and achieved
- Health And Safety
- Ensure Operator safety
- Implement and achieve acceptable housekeeping standards
- To ensure the companies H&S and Environmental policies are implemented and adhered to within the works facilities
- To assist the Operations department in ensuring the companies compliance with all relevant legislation
- To assist in any activities that is aimed at achieving the Company’s success as requested by the Directors
Computer literacy is essential: Candidates must be competent in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Experience of CAD software is not essential as full training will be given.
Candidates should have:
- Good attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent numerical skills
An enthusiasm for the engineering Industry would be particularly advantageous.
Kingfisher are looking for a candidate who demonstrates ambition, has a questioning attitude and a willingness to learn and seek support when appropriate to join our Company.
5 GCSEs A-C (9-4), including mathematics, English Language and a science, or equivalent qualifications.
As you progress throughout the apprenticeship, there will be the opportunity to get more involved in other areas of interest as your knowledge grows.
Things to consider:
We believe that it is vital that the applicant should realise what goes on in the factory – its products, process and problems. Therefore, the applicant may initially expect an amount of time to be spent in the works shadowing production staff, maybe even taking part in some production. As it is a steel works it will be dirty, noisy and there will be physical activity required. Training and PPE will be supplied by Kingfisher.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.