Student Support Officer
Would you like to work in a rewarding role helping students from over 150 different countries?
Our Professional Services Team plays a key role in the success of our University of Sheffield International Study Centre, taking ownership of all activity outside of the classroom. This is an exciting role, with lots of variety, taking responsibility of the student experience, student welfare, attendance, reception, and other general office admin including data entry. This is a student facing role that requires customer service skills, an empathetic approach, and a genuine enthusiasm. This is a well-structured team working in an open plan office, offering lots of development opportunity, and friendly working environment.
WHY CHOOSE US
We’re a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners, and over 60,000 students each year. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe. Our Sheffield University International Study Centre is a vibrant community-based in the heart of the city centre. We teach more than 1,000 students every year, preparing them for the challenges of studying at a top-ranking Russell Group University. The centre offers the International Foundation (Level 3) and Pre-Masters programmes across Business, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Science and Engineering.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Professional Development opportunities.
- A dynamic working environment where no day is the same.
- The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Adequate experience in a fast paced customer service, either face to face or telephony.
- Experience managing high volumes of admin, including general office admin and data entry.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, experience with Excel is essential.
- You’ll be a natural people person, with excellent communication skills, and a kind and empathetic approach.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Please apply via the link.