Media Studies Tutor (Maternity Cover)
We are seeking a sessional tutor for our Spring Semester (January to April 2018) and possibly for our Summer Semester (May to August 2018) to provide maternity leave cover. You’ll have the chance to deliver highly effective modules across one or all of our courses, that could include the International Foundation (Level 3), International Year 1 (Level 4), or the Pre-Masters (Level 6) programme. Joining this highly collaborative team will offer you a unique working experience, with the opportunity to work a number of tasks including; contributing to the design and development of modules, preparing and delivering innovative lectures, seminars and tutorials, and preparing modules examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessments.
WHY CHOOSE US
We’re a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners, and over 60,000 students each year. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe. Using innovative teaching methods in an autonomous working environment, we empower our students to reach their potential, providing an unforgettable student experience, and a positive introduction to the UK and its culture. The University of Sussex International Study Centre is a campus that offers a unique combination of tranquillity and energy. The centre is surrounded by a breath-taking national park, yet at the same time we are a short train or bus journey from Brighton. Brighton has fantastic transport links, so you'll easily be able to explore the rest of the UK and Europe.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A flexible holiday allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Media Studies or a relevant subject.
- A Masters is highly desirable.
- You’ll be a student centred teacher, with experience in small classes, and a catalogue of creative and innovative classroom activities to ensure the highest quality of student experience.
- Extensive experience teaching English and Academic skills in post 16, UK Pathway, or Higher Education Environments.
- You’ll require an excellent knowledge of Textual analysis of a range of media platforms, Ideology and representation theory, Key theories of media and communication, Popular culture and the culture industry, and how traditional mass media operates and the key debates surrounding the influences of new media technologies
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Please apply via the link.